Children held at gunpoint during home invasion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search is on for four suspects who forced their way into a family's home in north Houston. The homeowners were just beginning their day, when the armed men held them up at gunpoint.
It was about 8am -- daylight, with people going to work and kids going to school, yet no one apparently saw this coming. The homeowner told me four men, armed with guns, broke in through her garage and forced their way inside her house.
The woman's daughter and son-in-law were in the home with her, along with two of their daughters, ages four and six. The homeowner says the gunmen pointed guns at all of them -- even the children -- and demanded money over and over. They ransacked the house and the cars- and eventually got away with some cash, at least one cell phone and the homeowner's wallet.
Neighbors were terrified after we told them what happened.
"You're not safe anymore," said neighbor Pedro Aguilar. "We have to be on the lookout all the time. I have my dog, that's my alarm."
The gunmen took off without physically injuring anyone. The homeowner told me she was able to see the first three letters of the suspects' gray getaway car. They are CBN. Anyone with info on these men is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 4 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects