Conroe dad accused of causing 13-month-old son's death
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe father is behind bars, accused of causing the injuries that killed his son Wednesday morning.
Willie Jackson, 22, is charged with injury to a child, and Conroe police say further charges are pending.
Police say they arrived Tuesday evening at a home in the 200 block of North Interstate 45 and found a 13-month-old child not breathing. Relatives were already performing CPR on the child until he was transported via Life Flight to Texas Children's Hospital. However, the child died of internal injuries hours later.
Detectives say the baby was home alone with Jackson until the relatives were called to help when the child stopped breathing.
Bond has been set at $200,000 for this case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 5 min ago
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives? 44 min ago
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
38 min ago