Conroe dad accused of causing 13-month-old son's death
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe father is behind bars, accused of causing the injuries that killed his son Wednesday morning.
Willie Jackson, 22, is charged with injury to a child, and Conroe police say further charges are pending.
Police say they arrived Tuesday evening at a home in the 200 block of North Interstate 45 and found a 13-month-old child not breathing. Relatives were already performing CPR on the child until he was transported via Life Flight to Texas Children's Hospital. However, the child died of internal injuries hours later.
Detectives say the baby was home alone with Jackson until the relatives were called to help when the child stopped breathing.
Bond has been set at $200,000 for this case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 35 min ago
- Crews to assess damage to rig struck by large wave 56 min ago
- Argentine zoo shows off white tiger triplets
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos