Conroe dad accused of causing 13-month-old son's death
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe father is behind bars, accused of causing the injuries that killed his son Wednesday morning.
Willie Jackson, 22, is charged with injury to a child, and Conroe police say further charges are pending.
Police say they arrived Tuesday evening at a home in the 200 block of North Interstate 45 and found a 13-month-old child not breathing. Relatives were already performing CPR on the child until he was transported via Life Flight to Texas Children's Hospital. However, the child died of internal injuries hours later.
Detectives say the baby was home alone with Jackson until the relatives were called to help when the child stopped breathing.
Bond has been set at $200,000 for this case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail