Mother, daughter found dead in home in Spring
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- Two people have been found dead in a home in northwest Harris County. Sheriff's deputies were called to a house on Kirkleigh around 11am, and they've been working to determine what happened ever since.
Neighbors were concerned because they hadn't seen the two women who lived in the home for a number of days. He managed to get into the home and that's when he made the gruesome discovery.
"There appears to be some signs of trauma to the bodies, but they appear to almost been dead for almost a week now," Sgt. Ben Beall said.
Beall says deputies entered the home to find 75-year-old Margaret Gideon and her 52-year-old daughter, Vonda Gideon, dead inside. It's not yet clear how the women died, but authorities say they are believed to be have been dead for about a week. There were some signs of trauma on the victims' bodies.
Vonda Gideon's vehicle is missing. It's a 2012 Honda four-door pickup truck with shrink wrap advertising a ReMAX business. The license plate is BW61222. Authorities have flagged the vehicle as stolen.
"We are also wanting to talk to the resident's brother, a Mark Gideon," Sgt. Beall said. "He's about 54 years of age. He was known to be staying at the residence and he is known to be missing."
We're told he is a person of interest in this case and describe somewhat of a violent history between he and his mother and sister.
On October 10, Detectives were called to the family home after the victim reported her brother had taken her Mercury Marquee. Days later, on October 16, detectives were called back after reports of a verbal confrontation outside the home.
"There was some commotion going on outside," one neighbor said.
The neighbor asked us not to show his face, but he says he saw the last confrontation between the family.
"The brother and the daughter, they were having an argument out in the front yard," he said. "She did reiterate, 'He has guns, he'll kill me.'"
Anyone with information regarding Mark Gideon's whereabouts or spots the stolen Honda is asked to contact police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation 14 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded