Mom, dad found dead in driveway of home west of Fulshear; son charged
FT. BEND COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office on Saturday released more details surrounding the deaths of a man and woman found murdered in the driveway of their home.
The discovery was made around 3:45pm Friday at a home in the 32000 block of Watersmeet in the Village of Weston Lakes. That's west of Fulshear on Highway 1093.
"The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office dispatch center received a 911 call from a neighbor who reported hearing a female screaming," Sheriff Troy Nehls said.
When deputies arrived at the scene, they found the bodies of a male and female in the driveway, Nehls said. Both had been killed by blunt force trauma, but officials would not reveal the type of weapon used to kill them.
"There was also another adult male on the scene and he was taken into custody, and he was transported by ambulance to a local hospital for further evaluation," Nehls said.
Authorities identified that man Saturday as Ross Lawrence, 27. Lawrence was being held at Fort Bend County Jail on Saturday with bond set at $2 million. He is charged with two counts of murder.
According to deputies, the victims were Lawrence's parents -- Steve and LaQuita "Sue" Lawrence, both 61.
This case remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns