Man shot outside after-hours night club in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shots rang out at a southwest Houston after-hours night club Saturday morning, and now one man is in the hospital with wounds to the arm and chest.
It happened shortly after 6am in the parking lot of Club H2O in the 9400 block of Country Creek near Bissonnet.
According to investigators, police heard gunshots and arrived to find the victim shot twice, lying on the sidewalk in front of the club.
Officers collected at least a dozen shell casings at the scene. There was a crowd of people at the club when the shooting occurred. Police will be interviewing witnesses and to try to piece together what happened.
The victim was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital in unknown condition, but we're told he is expected to survive.
This is the third shooting at this particular club in the last couple of months. Officers in the past have told us these after-hours clubs seem to be hot spots for violent confrontations.
Officers did take a man into custody at the scene. It's not clear what his involvement is or whether he'll be facing any charges. They are still looking for the gunman.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 3 min ago
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns