Big rig crash blocks 610 South Loop at Wayside
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An 18-wheeler accident shut down a portion of the Interstate 610 South Loop on Sunday.
It happened around 8:45am on the South Loop westbound at South Wayside. It was finally cleared by late afternoon.
According to police, the big rig's driver tried to make a lane change and did not clear blind spots. The driver crashed into two vehicles.
The truck driver, as well as two occupants in a white pickup that was struck, were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
Police said it was raining at the time of the accident, but the driver of the 18-wheeler will be cited.
Another 18-wheeler accident shut down I-10 East at Federal Sunday morning. The truck caught on fire. No major injuries were reported.
Take ABC13 traffic maps with you on the go!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 57 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course