Police investigating deadly crash on Houston's south side
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a deadly two-vehicle crash that killed two people Sunday on Houston's south side.
It happened around 3:15pm on Almeda Genoa near Lockcrest.
The driver of a pickup was traveling west on Almeda Genoa when he reportedly lost control and struck another vehicle. The car went into a ditch and the pickup flipped on its side in the middle of the road.
Two males were in the pickup. Both were pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
A woman driving the second car had to be rescued from her vehicle.
"She was talking and everything, and holding hands and everything," witness James Barclay said. "She looked like she was going to make it."
The woman was transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.
Investigators tell us alcohol was not a factor in the crash. The cause remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 18 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling 23 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 27 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 9 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 7 min ago
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
34 min ago
- Reviving Historic Fifth Ward
11 min ago