Family afraid to return home after robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say robbers terrorized a family last night and made off with thousands in cash in southwest Houston. Those men remain on the loose.
Luckily for the mother involved, her two young children, ages eight and three, were not injured during this terrifying ordeal. But we are told that the mother was hit over the head with a gun in the driveway before being dragged inside the home.
Police tell us they are still searching for the three suspects involved in this home invasion and robbery. We're told at around 9pm Sunday, the family was getting into their car when they were approached by the three armed men wearing masks.
The men forced the family back inside the home, where they tied up the woman involved and made her and her two little boys lie down on the kitchen floor while they ransacked the home. Police say the suspects broke into a safe and left the home with thousands of dollars.
Neighbors we spoke with Monday say they didn't hear anything and were shocked to learn about the violent crime.
Jefferson Carroll said, "That's horrible. I hope they catch the people who actually did this."
Police described the suspects as three black males -- one is said to be in his 20s and the other two men in their 30s. They were wearing masks so the woman involved did not get a good look at their faces.
The victim told police she doesn't know how the suspects knew about the money or the safe inside her home.
We're told the eight-year-old was able to free himself after about an hour. He then helped free his mother and younger sibling. The mother was able to call 911 for help.
The father says his family left home after the robbery and refuses to return. After 10 years of living in the same house, they're now considering a move.
Anyone with information on the case or the suspects is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course