Blood-covered, underwear-clad man jumps on patrol car in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man's encounter with police ended up with him in the hospital in east Houston.
Police say it started at a gas station along I-10 and Lathrop. The gas station clerk reported a man who was banging on the door and was covered in blood, only wearing underwear and a shirt.
Authorities say the suspect then left the gas station and proceeded to jump on the hood of an SUV that was passing by. The woman driving didn't get out of the vehicle.
Shortly after, police arrived on the scene and located the suspect, who then jumped on the hood of the patrol car. The two officers inside tried to restrain the man, but they were unable to gain control. He's described as in his early 30s, weighing 250 to 275 pounds.
Four additional officers arrived, and the six officers were finally able to subdue the man, but then he stopped breathing. The man was resuscitated on scene before being transported to a hospital. He is listed in critical condition with life threatening injuries. Police believe he had likely taken one or more narcotics.
No other injuries were reported. An investigation is underway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 42 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 16 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 44 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game