Police chase cautious driver at slow speeds in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police were pursuing a suspect in southwest Houston, occasionally at slow speeds through residential neighborhoods, for about half an hour before he gave himself up. The driver appeared to be cautious, not driving at high speeds, and even using turn signals, although he ran through some stop signs and traffic signals.
It's unknown why Houston police officers began chasing the suspect, who was driving a dark colored sedan. The pursuit started at about 11:15m in the 5600 block of S. Braeswood. The driver traveled on the Beltway 8 feeder roads, making a repeated loop back and forth.
At one point, the driver pulled through a gas station, and kept going. On a second pass into the same gas station, the man stopped the car, got out and laid down on the ground. He was taken into custody without further incident.
No injuries or collisions have been reported. It's not yet known what charges the driver may face.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing situation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 1 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger' 37 min ago
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 15 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage