Authorities: Cleveland man, 77, caught with $10,000 in drugs, cash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 77-year-old Cleveland man is sitting in jail after authorities allegedly caught him with about $10,000 in drugs and cash.
Wallace Rodger Williams was arrested on a charge of manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance after authorities raided his home on Campbell Street.
Williams had been the subject of an undercover drug investigation involving several law enforcement agencies. According to the Liberty County Sheriff's Office, investigators confiscated more than 1,500 pills valued at about $8,000, along with another $2,000 in cash and several weapons.
Williams was transported to the Liberty County Jail, where he is being held until a bond can be set.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard