Woman found dead inside southwest Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman who hasn't been seen in days was found dead in her southwest Houston home. While her cause of death is a mystery, police believe it may be related to a couple of home invasions at that same home.
The 25-year-old woman identified by police as Meghan Hairston was found dead at a home on Bridlington near South Post Oak last night. She was last seen on Saturday.
Police say there were signs of forced entry into the home where she lived with her 2-year-old child. The woman's body was discovered by the woman's mother, who arrived after she had not heard from her daughter. Police tell us Hairston's body was found unresponsive in her bedroom.
Neighbors who didn't want to be identified say they are in disbelief.
"It's devastating to find out that someone broke in, some is dead right next door," said a nearby resident.
According to police, Hairston filed two separate reports to police within the last week. On Friday, she reported a home invasion where four unknown males took items from the house and then made her drive to several ATMs to withdraw money.
Authorities say on Saturday, Hairston reported her house being burglarized again. This time her car was also stolen.
Police say it's likely Hairston death is tied to whoever showed up to her house over the weekend.
"It's possible that this was a continuation of that robbery carried over onto Saturday and Saturday was the last time she was seen alive," said Sgt. Robert Torres with the Houston Police Department.
Police say Hairston's car was recovered Monday at an unknown location.
Neighbors say in the past few months more people have been seen coming and going.
"Just the in and out, the traffic in and out a lot of people, Different people in and out," said one neighbor.
The exact cause of the woman's death is pending the outcome of an autopsy by the medical examiner.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale