Several Conroe ISD school buses go up in flames at bus barn
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- Several buses that take kids to school in Conroe are out of commission today after a fire ripped through part of the bus barn overnight.
It happened around 1:30am at the Conroe ISD barn located right behind Armstrong Elementary School off Gladstell. Firefighters responded quickly and were able to stop the fire from spreading to more buses.
The fire is out and it doesn't appear there will be a delay in getting kids to school on time this morning.
We're told three buses are destroyed and one was damaged. The structure the buses were parked under was also damaged.
The Conroe fire chief said this could have been much worse had firefighters not gotten here so quickly.
"Obviously you see the amount of buses that are here. Crews arriving within 3 to 4 minutes made a big difference with that for sure," said Chief Michael Gosselin with the Conroe Fire Department.
About 100 buses total park at the bus barn.
It's unclear at this time who called the fire in to dispatch. The cause is under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery 28 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 11 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 26 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas