Mother accidentally pinned between SUV, garage dies in front of young children
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Fort Bend County neighborhood is in shock after a mother of four was killed in a freak car accident Tuesday.
The accident happened at about 3pm in the 1400 block of Summer Forest.
The woman's brother told us the family's concern is now with the children, ages 1 to 7, who were inside of that SUV and witnessed this accident.
"She was a great neighbor," neighbor Patsy Hayes said.
A large dent could be seen where metal met a brick pillar outside the Greatwood home. The driver of the SUV was crushed.
"They found the female pinned between the vehicle and the pillar on the garage," said detective David Williams with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
Police say 35-year-old Ezdehar Husainat was in the SUV with her three children when investigators say she got distracted, tried to get out of the vehicle but realized it was still in drive.
"She jumped back in, or partly back in, to get her foot on the brake," Williams said.
Husainat couldn't get out.
Her three children, who were in the back seat, witnessed what was happened. Investigators say her five-year-old daughter got her mother's cell phone and frantically called her father, who then called 911.
"The deputies were able to back the vehicle up a little bit to release her from being pinned and were unable to revive her," Williams said.
On Tuesday evening, family members and friends arrived at the home in tears.
"She was an excellent mother, and I saw that in her all the time," Hayes said.
Hayes says Husainat was her walking buddy, and through the years, grew close to the family.
"Great family, great neighbors, and I'm going to miss her," Hayes said.
Husainat has a fourth child. The 10-year-old was at school during this incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- One dead, two injured n wreck in NW Houston 2 min ago
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark 46 min ago
- W. Houston restaurant owners on edge after tire-slashing
- Siblings shot in domestic dispute in SW Houston 45 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death