Mother accidentally pinned between SUV, garage dies in front of young children
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Fort Bend County neighborhood is in shock after a mother of four was killed in a freak car accident Tuesday.
The accident happened at about 3pm in the 1400 block of Summer Forest.
The woman's brother told us the family's concern is now with the children, ages 1 to 7, who were inside of that SUV and witnessed this accident.
"She was a great neighbor," neighbor Patsy Hayes said.
A large dent could be seen where metal met a brick pillar outside the Greatwood home. The driver of the SUV was crushed.
"They found the female pinned between the vehicle and the pillar on the garage," said detective David Williams with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
Police say 35-year-old Ezdehar Husainat was in the SUV with her three children when investigators say she got distracted, tried to get out of the vehicle but realized it was still in drive.
"She jumped back in, or partly back in, to get her foot on the brake," Williams said.
Husainat couldn't get out.
Her three children, who were in the back seat, witnessed what was happened. Investigators say her five-year-old daughter got her mother's cell phone and frantically called her father, who then called 911.
"The deputies were able to back the vehicle up a little bit to release her from being pinned and were unable to revive her," Williams said.
On Tuesday evening, family members and friends arrived at the home in tears.
"She was an excellent mother, and I saw that in her all the time," Hayes said.
Hayes says Husainat was her walking buddy, and through the years, grew close to the family.
"Great family, great neighbors, and I'm going to miss her," Hayes said.
Husainat has a fourth child. The 10-year-old was at school during this incident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 20 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 10 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations 25 min ago
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston