Man sentenced in Pasadena woman's murder
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update to the rape and murder of a Pasadena woman found under a bridge.
A Harris County jury is sending Francisco Machado Lopez to prison for 25 years for murdering Edlyn Villegas Munoz. She was walking home from a club when she came across Lopez.
She had been raped and was found dead under a bridge on New Year's Day 2012. The victim's mother says she is not content with the 25-year sentence.
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape 18 min ago
- Hail storm moved quickly across viewing area 31 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 23 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast