Women accused of luring off-deputy into attempted robbery in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's new information this evening in the shooting of a robbery suspect by an off-duty Louisiana reserve deputy.
On Thursday, investigators confirmed that suspect died and two women have now been charged in the crime.
Investigators say the deputy and his brother visited a Greenspoint-area apartment complex to meet with a female acquaintances. At some point while in the parking lot, Cortdalro Brown tried to rob the men. The deputy opened fire, hitting Brown in the neck. He was taken to a hospital where he later died.
Investigators believe Jasmine West and Ashley Smith helped set up the robbery. They were arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale