Man, woman accused of performing illegal cosmetic surgery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County deputies have arrested two people for basically running a cosmetic surgery business out of their home.
Investigators first found out about the couple after a 41-year-old woman came to the hospital with an infection after getting a breast enhancement.
She told deputies she'd gotten the surgery at the home of 34-year-old Yuri Lara and 36-year-old Karen Lara and that she'd also had body contouring, liposuction, and fat injections.
When deputies showed up at the home in the 1500 block of Cade Court in northwest Harris County, they found medical equipment as well as vials of lidocaine, which is used to numb patients.
The pair face multiple charges, and investigators are now looking for other patients to call the HCSO's Criminal Investigations Bureau at 713-967-5810.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 4 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 39 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 49 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach 5 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 36 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom