SUV slams through fence after being struck by another car in southeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An SUV ended up in a resident's yard in southeast Houston this morning after being involved with an accident. Three people in a vehicle that hit it took off running.
The SUV was traveling on Northdale when it was hit by a passenger car at the Flamingo intersection. According to witnesses, the passenger car ran a red light, after which two males and a female in that car took off on foot.
The force of the wreck pushed the SUV through a fence and into a yard. Fortunately, the driver of the SUV was not hurt.
A 4x4 wood fence pole flew into a bedroom window of a home near the accident. A 13-year-old and a 16-year-old who sleep inside the bedroom had just left for school 15 minutes before the accident. The wooden pole landed beside the 16-year-old's bed.
At this point, we don't know why the three people in the passenger car ran.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues