Protesters at abc13 studios upset by Jimmy Kimmel skit
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A recent skit on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' featuring children discussing America's debt problem has raised controversy, and brought out protesters to abc13 studios.
The controversial comment was made by a young boy during a children's skit which aired on Wednesday, Oct. 16.
"America owes China a lot of money, $1.3 trillion," Kimmel told the children, ages 5 and 6, during the Kid's Table skit. "How should we pay them back?"
One boy suggested that killing everyone in China could be the solution to America's debt problem.
While Kimmel attempted to deflect the child's comment, he has borne the brunt of recent criticism over it.
ABC and Kimmel have both issued apologies over the segment, and promised to edit out the comment.
"I do want to apologize to all of you. If I've upset you, I'm very, very sorry. We should not have put it on the air. We did not mean to upset you," Kimmel said. "We won't be showing the Kid's Table segment any more. We're not going to ever do that again. I'm very sorry."
Houston protesters carried signs while marching around the abc13 studio over lunchtime on Friday, to show their displeasure with the Kimmel segment.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 25 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 17 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 24 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested 7 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green 40 min ago
- Most insane job interview ever
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap 24 min ago
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 3 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church