Police investigating baby's death in Kingwood
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Houston Police are investigating the death of an infant that died of unknown injures inside a home in Kingwood.
Raimya Jazai Mouton's heart stopped just before 4pm Friday in the 2100 block of Little Cedar Drive, police said. Police would not elaborate on the child's injuries.
"I'm not going to comment on the wound patterns or anything like that of an ongoing investigation," said Houston Police Officer Robert Wieners.
Police detained the child's caregiver, whose name was not released, and the girl's mother was taken in for questioning. No one has been charged. A medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
Neighbors said they remember seeing Raimya trick-or-treating Thursday.
"Most precious little child you could ever imagine," said Rose Griffin. "I'm a grandmother and a mother, so you can imagine how I felt. I felt awful."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 9 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses 4 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 16 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 27 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 29 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
21 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
45 min ago