Lone Star Rally takes over Galveston Island
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Galveston is rumbling this weekend as more than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts from around the country have taken over the island for one of the largest biker rallies in the United States.
The annual Lone Star Rally kicked off Halloween night and will continue through Sunday.
Attendees say it's all about being together.
"It's about family. It's about respect. It's about loyalty," another said.
Not to mention, a chance for bikers to enjoy the cool and sunny weather while checking out the latest motorcyles, bike accessories and classic cars. The event features free concerts, bike shows and even celebrity appearances.
"When you add the element of Galveston, the beach, it's a winning combination. That's why we love it here," Royer said.
The Lone Star Rally showcases a close motorcycle culture that, for some, is like none other.
"Two people can be from two walks of life. One might be a laborer, one an attorney," Royer said. "When we get on a motorcycle, we're all the same. I love a motorcycle. It erases all boundaries."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 18 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 33 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court 19 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
57 min ago