Lone Star Rally takes over Galveston Island
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Galveston is rumbling this weekend as more than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts from around the country have taken over the island for one of the largest biker rallies in the United States.
The annual Lone Star Rally kicked off Halloween night and will continue through Sunday.
Attendees say it's all about being together.
"It's about family. It's about respect. It's about loyalty," another said.
Not to mention, a chance for bikers to enjoy the cool and sunny weather while checking out the latest motorcyles, bike accessories and classic cars. The event features free concerts, bike shows and even celebrity appearances.
"When you add the element of Galveston, the beach, it's a winning combination. That's why we love it here," Royer said.
The Lone Star Rally showcases a close motorcycle culture that, for some, is like none other.
"Two people can be from two walks of life. One might be a laborer, one an attorney," Royer said. "When we get on a motorcycle, we're all the same. I love a motorcycle. It erases all boundaries."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 12 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck 22 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290