Man shot during dramatic scene near downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was shot Sunday afternoon during a dramatic scene at a convenience store near downtown Houston.
Witnesses said it all started around 1pm when a man left his car running, and criminals went after it.
That man was making a quick stop at a convenience store in the 3200 block of Truxillo at Burkett. He left the engine running, and it took only a few seconds for the two suspects to make their move.
Police tell us the suspects were pulling out of the parking lot when the owner of the car saw them and ran out of the store. The owner, we're told, jumped on the hood of his own car to try to stop them.
According to authorities, that's when one suspect pulled out a gun and shot the vehicle owner through the windshield.
The bullet hit the owner in the arm, police said.
As the two suspects tried to make their getaway, police said they crashed into a tree and took off on foot.
Officials said the vehicle owner is expected to be OK. The suspects remain at large.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 28 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 4 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 19 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course 11 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home