Accused child molester faces additional charges
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of committing sex assaults against children is now facing additional charges.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office filed three more charges of sexual assault of a child against Tad Costin, 42, bringing the total charges so far to four. More and more possible victims have come forward, and additional charges are possible, prosecutors say.
Authorities say the 42-year-old sexually assaulted as many as 15 girls ranging in ages from four to seven years old. Costin is accused of engaging in sexual acts with victims as far back as 1999. Investigators say they found hundreds possibly thousands of images at Costin's home in Pearland. He was arrested there on Friday.
The case began after Costin's girlfriend's parents found a computer memory card in their home, which police say contain images of Costin assaulting children. The pictures show most girls were in Disney nightgowns, and either asleep or possibly drugged.
"They're disturbing," said Kathryn Kahle with the Harris County District Attorney's Office. "The images are clearly of the defendant engaging in sexual conduct with these young girls, various girls. We still believe we have around 15 unidentified victims at this time."
That's where authorities need your help. They believe Costin could have assaulted more young girls and they are asking for the public's help. They don't believe these girls are relatives of his, but they don't know how or why Costin had any contact with them.
Costin shared the Pearland residence with his girlfriend Julia Lack. Although she has not been charged, investigators are calling her a person of interest. Also of interest to police, who is behind the camera.
"Some of them might have been taken by the defendant himself with timers and or computer equipment, but we are also looking into who might be filming and taking those pictures as well," Kahle said.
If you know anything related to this case, you are asked to call the Harris County District Attorney's Office or Detective Cecil Arnold with the Pearland Police Department at 281-997-4151.
Costin is being held without bond in the Harris County Jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 56 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 47 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police