Possible human remains found at northwest Harris County home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a grisly discovery for Harris County investigators, who found what they believe could be human bones buried in the front of a northwest Harris County home.
We are still waiting on confirmation from the Harris County Sheriff's Office about the case. but what we do know is that investigators are digging up what is believed to be human remains found buried all around two homes on Fleur Drive at Montaigne, along with more remains found inside one of the homes.
Neighbors tell Eyewitness News investigators have been at the home since Tuesday. They also say they believe the remains that they are locating around the home are those of 44-year-old Wende Marshall, who went missing October 30.
"As of right now, she's still considered a missing person," said Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy Thomas Gilliland.
Neighbors say on Halloween, the day after Marshall was reported missing, they noticed thick, dark smoke coming from the chimney of her home. Some even say it was associated with an unusual odor. They're not sure what to make of that.
"Apparently there was black billowing smoke around the 31st," said neighbor Rosemary Wallace. "When something is wet and it's burning, it's not going to be normal white fluffy smoke."
When we asked the sheriff's department directly if Marshall might have been killed here, if her remains might have then been incinerated and then discarded, we received only this from deputies.
"I cannot tell you if a murder happened in this home as of right now, no. We're treating this as a missing person," Gilliland said.
At this time, investigators have not said much about any suspects.
We are gathering more information and will update you on Eyewitness News, abc13.com and on our mobile news apps as additional details become available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 9 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Houston's cardinal to attend popes'...
52 min ago