Two Pct. 4 patrols vehicles totaled in possible DWI wrecks at same intersection
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Pct. 4 Constable's Office is investigating two possible drunken driving wrecks that have totaled two of the agency's patrol vehicles at the same Humble-area intersection.
According to authorities, a deputy was stopped at a red light at Rayford and FM 1960 when a vehicle going as fast as 70 miles per hour rear-ended her patrol car. The impact forced the patrol car into a third vehicle.
The suspect drove off, but witnesses jotted down the license plate number. Deputies tracked down the car, but when the driver wouldn't stopped, a chase ensued. A few miles later, the driver was finally apprehended.
But as deputies were investigating the crash scene at Rayford, a second possibly drunk driver slammed into another patrol car on the scene. That person also was arrested at the scene.
Both suspects will have to undergo blood testing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 32 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy 31 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home 28 min ago
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune 52 min ago
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 6 min ago
- Thousands of trees will be planted in Memorial Park today
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
29 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos