Police: Man shot to death in north Houston apartment parking lot after trying to intervene in argument
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police said a man was fatally shot after he tried to intervene in an argument outside a north Houston apartment complex, and his killer remained on the loose Saturday.
According to police, it started around 1:30am Saturday with a domestic dispute between a man and a woman in the parking lot of an apartment complex near the corner of Northborough and Rushcreek.
The victim reportedly tried to step between the couple. That's when the man who had been arguing with the woman pulled out a gun and fired at least five shots, officials said.
The victim, who police said was about 25 years old, died at the scene. Officials have not released his name, but neighbors told us he usually kept to himself.
"He stayed to himself, stayed in the house," neighbor Robin Small said. "Only time I've seen him is when he walked to the store, and that's about it. He would come this way and then go back home because they stayed in the back."
Small woke up to find bullet holes in her car. She said she slept through the shooting but was shocked to hear what happened so close to her apartment.
"I'm scared. I'm ready to move now," she said. "I feel sorry for the young man that got killed. But what are these apartments going to do? They say they have surveillance cameras, and they don't have nothing."
Houston police are still looking for the suspect in this case. He should be considered armed and dangerous. Detectives are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to give them a call.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston 7 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls 17 min ago
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage 25 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
35 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
16 min ago