Murder charge filed in case of missing Cypress woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Murder charges have been filed in the case of a missing Cypress woman.
Wende Marshall, 44, went missing on October 30 and now Colt Morgan, 28, who court documents say is her boyfriend, is charged with her murder.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies say Morgan originally told them that Marshall had gone to a friend's home after the two of them got into an argument. But they say a search warrant executed on Marshall's home in the 11200 block of Fleur revealed evidence consistent with a murder.
"It's reported that blood spatter and hair and bone fragments were found in his home leading to the charges being filed," said Ryan Sullivan with Crime Stoppers.
At this point, Marshall's body has not been recovered, though according to court documents, investigators believe Morgan stabbed her to death. On Friday and Saturday, what investigators believe to be some human remains were found at Marshall's home.
Morgan is not in custody. Anyone who has information that could lead investigators to him is urged to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS or submit a tip via the iWatchHarrisCounty app.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 22 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 10 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations