Murder charge filed in case of missing Cypress woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Murder charges have been filed in the case of a missing Cypress woman.
Wende Marshall, 44, went missing on October 30 and now Colt Morgan, 28, who court documents say is her boyfriend, is charged with her murder.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies say Morgan originally told them that Marshall had gone to a friend's home after the two of them got into an argument. But they say a search warrant executed on Marshall's home in the 11200 block of Fleur revealed evidence consistent with a murder.
"It's reported that blood spatter and hair and bone fragments were found in his home leading to the charges being filed," said Ryan Sullivan with Crime Stoppers.
At this point, Marshall's body has not been recovered, though according to court documents, investigators believe Morgan stabbed her to death. On Friday and Saturday, what investigators believe to be some human remains were found at Marshall's home.
Morgan is not in custody. Anyone who has information that could lead investigators to him is urged to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS or submit a tip via the iWatchHarrisCounty app.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat 32 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room