New theme park plans to be revealed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new theme park is coming to Montgomery County, but the developer promises it will be more than just another Astroworld or a Disney World.
The Grand Texas theme park will be built on 150 of 630 acres in New Caney, off of Highway 242 and Highway 59.
Developers revealed new details about the theme park Wednesday morning. They say it will have seven theme areas devoted to Lone Star history and culture.
It's expected to be part of an entire entertainment district that will include shops, restaurants, hotels and a 6,000 seat stadium designed for minor league baseball games.
"We get an opportunity to come into what may be the most vital city in America right now and create something the community needs so desperately. Excited about that prospect," said Chuck Hendrix, CEO of Innovative Leisure Partners.
The amusement park is expected to open by summer 2015.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 38 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking 3 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo 26 min ago
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire 8 min ago
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home 9 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 59 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 1 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- David Tillman's weather forecast
12 min ago