New theme park plans to be revealed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new theme park is coming to Montgomery County, but the developer promises it will be more than just another Astroworld or a Disney World.
The Grand Texas theme park will be built on 150 of 630 acres in New Caney, off of Highway 242 and Highway 59.
Developers revealed new details about the theme park Wednesday morning. They say it will have seven theme areas devoted to Lone Star history and culture.
It's expected to be part of an entire entertainment district that will include shops, restaurants, hotels and a 6,000 seat stadium designed for minor league baseball games.
"We get an opportunity to come into what may be the most vital city in America right now and create something the community needs so desperately. Excited about that prospect," said Chuck Hendrix, CEO of Innovative Leisure Partners.
The amusement park is expected to open by summer 2015.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 20 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana money 1 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M 55 min ago
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 4 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 13 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo? 38 min ago