New home being built for wounded warrior
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- A local soldier wounded in Iraq is being honored with a new home, built in The Woodlands.
Captain Will Lyles became a double amputee as a result of an IED explosion in Iraq. He has also received three Bronze Stars for his valor and two Purple Hearts for his wounds.
The charity HelpingAHero.org is providing a new home for Captain Lyles in The Woodlands. The groundbreaking symbolizes the beginning of a new chapter, as he continues to rebuild his life following his tour of duty in Iraq.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 57 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course