Houston fitness instructor accused of having sexual relationship with 13-year-old girl
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are looking for the man they believe sexually assaulted a young girl he met while working as a fitness instructor.
Forrest Wayne, 41, is charged with aggravated sex assault of a child. Police say in July, Wayne, who was working as a fitness instructor at Westside Fitness Center, befriended a 13-year-old female. He reportedly used text messages and phone calls to start a relationship with her.
"I think it's kind of disturbing," Wayne's neighbor, Coman Smith, said.
According to police, the relationship led to Wayne and the victim engaging in multiple sexual encounters at the Memorial Inn and Suites in the 9500 block of the Katy Freeway. They say the instances occurred between July and October, with the last one happening October 10.
We received a statement from Westside Wednesday afternoon, which read, "We can confirm that there is an on-going investigation within the HPD Juvenile Crimes Division involving a former employee and a minor. We took swift action as soon as we were alerted to this alleged incident. Due to the fact that it rests within the Juvenile Crimes Division, we are unable to comment further."
When we knocked on the door of the apartment listed as his home in court records, no one answered. But we did notice a camera above the door that we did not see at any of his neighbors' homes.
While no one seemed to know him well, one neighbor says he hasn't seen him in a few weeks.
"He appeared to be getting ready to leave and he has a small suitcase so I was assuming maybe he was going to catch a flight," Smith said.
Wayne remains at large, but is known to frequent the west side of Houston.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the Houston Police Department at 713-731-5356 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 26 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy