Baytown man missing in Philippines after monster typhoon found safe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have a great update to a story we've been following since a monster typhoon hit the Philippines last week. A local man who was there when the storm hit is safe.
Harry and Deloris Davis told us that they heard from their son, Phillip Burgay, Wednesday night. Burgay, who lives in Baytown, had last spoken with his family last Wednesday. He was visiting his girlfriend near Palo, Philippines when the storm hit.
Burgay has a house near Palo and was visiting his girlfriend, Ritzchelle, to make arrangements for her and her 10-year-old daughter to return to his Baytown home.
Harry Davis sent us the following message.
"This is to keep you informed about our son Phillip Lee Burgay. At 6:49 pm today 11/13/13 we received a telephone call from him from the Philippines. It was all too brief a conversation because he was hurrying to depart the island of Leyte and going to a neighboring island of Cebu. He said that he would phone or send email when they arrived. Hopefully that will be in what will seem like minutes compared to the hours of agony that Deloris and I have had waiting for him to call."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home