Woman dies in two-alarm west Houston town home fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman died in a two-alarm fire at a west Houston town home complex this morning.
The fire broke out a little before 3am at the complex on Memorial and Rip Van Winkle, which is just south of the City Centre. Emergency crews were able to contain the fire to just one home, but several others suffered smoke damage.
After a search of the damaged home, firefighters found Patricia Graf Cromer, 71, dead inside.
"We had one fatality. A female victim was found on the first floor," said HFD District Chief Roger Westhoff. "Most of the fire was concentrated on the first and second floor. There was very heavy fire when we showed up. They were able to contain it to the one unit."
The incident is being investigated by the HPD Homicide Division and the HFD Arson Unit. At this time, there is no indication foul play was involved in Cromer's death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive