Mom killed in crash on daughter's 6th birthday
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are searching for the driver connected to a New Caney accident that killed a mother-of-two while driving her kids to school Friday morning.
Authorities say 43-year-old Stacie Milholen died in a chain-reaction crash. They say a white van cut off a truck, which swerved to avoid a crash, and ended up into oncoming traffic. That truck and the vehicle driven by Milholen collided. The van that started the domino effect drove off.
The driver of the truck, Jacob Holcombe, was taken to a hospital in critical condition. Milholen's 16- and 6-year-old daughters had minor injuries.
And if this story wasn't tough enough, it was the six-year-old's birthday Friday.
Authorities ask anyone who may have seen the crash to come forward.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, ilona carson
- weather: Rain moving through our area 20 min ago
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods