Sketch released after girl, 12, attacked in Montgomery Co.
PORTER, TX (KTRK) -- Investigators in Montgomery County hope a sketch can help lead them to a man they say attacked a 12-year-old girl last weekend.
It happened on Saturday, November 9 sometime between 4pm and 4:30pm. The girl said a man chased her into a wooded area near her home along FM 1314 and Cumberland Blvd. in Porter.
"It makes me afraid for my own daughter. She's 15. I don't even like her walking down to check the mail by herself. So usually when she does go, she takes one of the dogs with her," neighbor Robyn Pogue said.
Deputies say the 12-year-old girl was chased into a wooded area by a man. Her father, who we're identifying only as Theo, says she'd taken her little brother to the park.
"I hear screaming in the woods so at that time, my wife and I just jump off our bikes. She just spoke with the neighbors down here at the corner and we just take off running," he said.
His daughter was able to get away. Investigators say she reported being held down first. The father says its not the first time the man has attacked his daughter. Another incident was reported in August, leaving parents very on guard.
"I'm real protective, always been protective. My son, he's a senior and still gets walked to the bus stop," neighbor Mary Arredondo said.
The suspect is described as a large white male with a 'pot belly,' standing approximately 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighing between 275 and 300 pounds, having a dark buzzed cut hair style, an un-kept beard, pock marked cheeks and yellow crooked uneven teeth.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information to call 281-297-6516, the Texas Rangers at 936-538-3700 or Montgomery County Crime Stoppers at 800-392-STOP (7867).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive