Sketch released of suspect who crawled into girl's window and sexually assaulted her
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office hopes by releasing this sketch, someone will be able to lead them to a suspect in a terrifying sexual assault that happened two months ago in north Harris County.
It happened on September 14 at the Haverstock Hills apartment complex in the 5600 block of Aldine Bender. Deputies were called to the complex after an 11-year-old girl reported that the man in the sketch crawled through her bedroom window at around 5am and sexually assaulted her.
The apartment complex has had its share of crime in the past, and the Harris County Sheriff's Office even has a storefront there. A sexual assault of a child is especially frightening for the parents who live there.
"Anybody who's vicious enough to sexually assault an 11-year-old female won't hesitate to do it again, and to continue victimizing children and others in the community," said Crime Stoppers spokesperson Ryan Sullivan. "He poses a great threat."
The suspect is described as an African-American man, standing around 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing around 200 pounds. At the time of the offense, the suspect was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jean shorts. A flyer with the sketch and description has been circulated to area residents.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 58 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant