Harris County Medical Examiner's Office: Slain Cypress mother, son were fatally shot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Cypress mother and her son whose bodies were discovered at their home last week were fatally shot, according to the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office.
According to the medical examiner's office, Emmanuel Matase suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and his mother, Emilia Matase, suffered several gunshot wounds. Their bodies were discovered just after midnight Thursday at a home on East Windhaven Terrace at Redoak Manor after a concerned family member apparently came to the home and called authorities.
According to investigators, there was no sign of forced entry at the home. No motive has been released, but authorities are trying to find the victims' husband and father to talk to him. Detectives say right now, he's merely a person of interest, not a suspect.
Anyone with information about their deaths is asked to contact authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians