Harris County Medical Examiner's Office: Slain Cypress mother, son were fatally shot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Cypress mother and her son whose bodies were discovered at their home last week were fatally shot, according to the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office.
According to the medical examiner's office, Emmanuel Matase suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and his mother, Emilia Matase, suffered several gunshot wounds. Their bodies were discovered just after midnight Thursday at a home on East Windhaven Terrace at Redoak Manor after a concerned family member apparently came to the home and called authorities.
According to investigators, there was no sign of forced entry at the home. No motive has been released, but authorities are trying to find the victims' husband and father to talk to him. Detectives say right now, he's merely a person of interest, not a suspect.
Anyone with information about their deaths is asked to contact authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 20 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Police: Rapper incited riot at SXSW 6 min ago
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally
- Kevin Spacey fires back at Rob Ford 5 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million