Harris County Medical Examiner's Office: Slain Cypress mother, son were fatally shot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Cypress mother and her son whose bodies were discovered at their home last week were fatally shot, according to the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office.
According to the medical examiner's office, Emmanuel Matase suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and his mother, Emilia Matase, suffered several gunshot wounds. Their bodies were discovered just after midnight Thursday at a home on East Windhaven Terrace at Redoak Manor after a concerned family member apparently came to the home and called authorities.
According to investigators, there was no sign of forced entry at the home. No motive has been released, but authorities are trying to find the victims' husband and father to talk to him. Detectives say right now, he's merely a person of interest, not a suspect.
Anyone with information about their deaths is asked to contact authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!