Bank robbery suspect ditches pants in fast food restaurant restroom during police chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A robbery, a chase and a change of clothes -- Houston police went after the suspects they say held up a bank at gunpoint. Two of the three men wanted for an early morning bank robbery are now in custody after trying to run from police. The search continues for the third man after what was an interesting chase in west Houston.
The suspects apparently got spooked after an attempted bank robbery at a Chase bank off Westheimer near Dunvale, ran out of the bank and drove off.
Skyeye caught up with the suspects' vehicle as they traveled down the busy roadways, eventually getting on the 610 North Loop. That's where the three suspects involved jumped out of their car and made a run for it.
One of the suspects ran down the loop a ways before finally giving up.
According to Houston police investigators, the three suspects involved did make their way inside of the bank and were armed at the time. They tell us the employees at the bank were not injured during the ordeal.
Police were able to find the weapons the suspects were armed inside their getaway car.
Bruno Blanco, manager of a Jack in the Box restaurant, witnessed the suspects in action.
"One of the suspects went into the woman's restroom actually to try to fool HPD," Blanco said. "He dropped his clothing in there. So he dumped it in the trash and sure enough he ran back outside and the helicopter caught him."
The manager added that inside the bathroom they found a pair of black pants, a belt and a pair of car keys. The suspect in the red shorts had actually stripped off his pants in an effort to disguise himself from police and then tried to make a run it for again.
We're told no money was found in the pants that suspect had taken off.
This investigation is now being handled by the HPD bank robbery task force. A third suspect involved is still on the run.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 37 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 18 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 8 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret