K-9 'Deputy Mike' helps find more than ton of pot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A traffic stop in Fort Bend County landed a man behind bars after a team of law enforcement found what they say was more than a ton of pot in his pickup.
On Tuesday, the driver of a Ford pickup truck was pulled over on Highway 59 near University Boulevard. During the roadside investigation, Detective M. Hricko and K-9 partner, "Deputy Mike," reportedly located 149 bundles of marijuana with a total weight of 2,357 pounds. The bundles of marijuana were located in the bed portion of the truck concealed by a camper shell attached to the bed of the pickup.
Jose Angel Ortuno-Gonzalez, 29, of Houston was arrested and booked into the Fort Bend County Jail on first degree felony charges of Possession of Marijuana. He is being held without bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 3 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 1 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects