Suspects pretended to do good deed before robbery
FRESNO, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities want to find the armed suspects who rushed into a man's home, tied him up and robbed him, after pretending to do a good deed.
Just after 3pm Wednesday, Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the scene of a home invasion robbery in the 1900 block of Thistle Creek Court.
The male resident told deputies the suspects parked near the home in a gray sedan. One suspect went to the front door with a paper in hand, posing as a neighbor who had received mail that belonged to the victim. Once the victim opened the door, the first suspect rushed the resident and was soon joined by two other suspects. They tied up the victim.
The first suspect is about 5-feet, 10-inches to 6-feet in height and weighs about 220 pounds. He is believed to be between 22 to 24 years of age. The second suspect was wearing a red shirt and is about 6-feet, 1-inch in height with a slender build. He is believed to be between 18 and 20 years of age. The third suspect is believed to be 18 to 20 years of age and has a thin build.
The suspects stole a television set and the resident's 2002 Pontiac Grand Am.
Investigators say that stolen car was located stripped in Houston. Detectives hope surveillance video from a neighbor's home might help them catch whoever is responsible.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000. Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org. All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive