Man, woman charged after 5-month-old baby dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man and a woman are in jail in connection with the death of a 5-month-old baby girl.
Leonardo Pereira and Judy Cedillo are charged with injury to a child.
On Monday, baby Alyssa Cedillo was hospitalized and died the next day. She had suffered fractures, head trauma and bruises.
Police say Pereira and Cedillo confessed their involvement in the baby's death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Police use spikes to end chase in southwest Houston 7 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 1 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes
- Car fire breaks out at high-rise parking lot 25 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes