Fatal shooting of 16-year-old Lee High School student in Bellaire appears to be accidental
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 16-year-old high school student was fatally shot Saturday night at a southwest Houston apartment, and police now believe it was an accident.
The shooting happened around 8pm in the 6100 block of Bellaire Boulevard near Hillcroft.
Lee High School student Edwin Rajo's family tells us he was visiting a friend at the Bellaire Garden Apartments when he was shot in the chest. Rajo died at the scene.
According to Houston police, Rajo and two friends were playing with a .45 handgun when it accidentally discharged.
The shooting will be referred to a grand jury. As of Sunday, no charges had been filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 3 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 53 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas