Suspect in murder of Cypress woman spotted in Leon County, escapes after head-butting officer
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search for a suspect accused of murdering his fiancee intensified this weekend after the man allegedly had a run-in with police in Leon County.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators believe Colt Morgan, 29, killed 44-year-old Wende Marshall inside her Cypress-area home and then burned her body. Officers found human remains inside her home earlier this month.
Buffalo police said they spotted Morgan around 8pm Saturday near a Family Dollar in Leon County.
An officer tried to question him, but Morgan reportedly head-butted the officer and took off on foot.
Buffalo police, the Leon County Sheriff's Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Criminal Justice and U.S. Marshals searched the area. They were unable to locate the suspect, but officials said they found a gun believed to be Morgan's.
Morgan is charged with murder and remains on the loose. He was last seen wearing black military-style pants, black combat boots and a gray coat.
If you have any information on his whereabouts, call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. Remember, you never have to give your name and you could receive a $5,000 cash reward.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 29 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 30 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 35 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 35 min ago