Search for suspect in murder of Cypress woman continues in Leon County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The search for a suspect accused of murdering his fiancee continued Wednesday, days after the man allegedly had a run-in with police in Leon County.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators believe Colt Morgan, 29, killed 44-year-old Wende Marshall inside her Cypress-area home and then burned her body. Officers found human remains inside her home earlier this month.
Buffalo police said they spotted Morgan around 8pm Saturday near a Family Dollar in Leon County.
An officer tried to question him, but Morgan reportedly head-butted the officer and took off on foot.
Buffalo police, the Leon County Sheriff's Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Criminal Justice and U.S. Marshals searched the area and continued their search on Wednesday. During their search, they found a makeshift shelter made of plastic garbage bags, twine and duct tape, south of Buffalo Texas along train tracks.
Investigators believe Morgan had been living in the shelter. At least two campfires had been built there.
Morgan was not located in the area after an exhaustive search of the area. He is believed to have stolen a red four wheeler and cold weather gear during a burglary in the Buffalo area.
Morgan is charged with murder and remains on the loose. He was last seen wearing black military-style pants, black combat boots and a gray coat.
If you have any information on his whereabouts, call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. Remember, you never have to give your name and you could receive a $5,000 cash reward.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 26 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos