Family terrorized in violent Kingwood home invasion
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Montgomery County family thought there was a delivery at their door Friday. Instead, a group of thieves came barging in in a violent home invasion.
The family was reportedly robbed of cash and jewelry while they were tied up. It happened around 12:30pm at a home in the 21800 block of Whispering Forest near Regency Pines in the Kings Manor subdivision of Kingwood.
Syed Shah was at work when he got the call.
"My daughter started crying and saying, 'We got robbed; we got robbed,'" he said.
Investigators said Shah's wife, Sajida, was at home with her children when she heard the doorbell. She saw a man on her porch, holding a package and wearing a postal-style uniform, officials said.
But when the woman opened the door, three other man with handguns forced their way inside, demanding money.
Deputies said the mother was struck in the face, knocked down and then tied up in the kitchen. Her four children were upstairs, at least one of whom was also bound by the suspects.
"I was afraid for my family," 13-year-old Sameer Shah said. "I didn't want to see my mom die."
Officials said the men tore up the house and then ran out the back door. According to Syed Shah, the thieves took about $7,000 in cash and jewelry. One of the children was able to call 911 after the suspects left.
Syed Shah said he always believed the day would come when this would happen. He thinks they were targeted because he owns a convenience store nearby, and he believes the thieves suspected they would have cash in the home.
"He told them where the money was so they don't kill my kids, you know?" the father said. "I tell them where the money and jewelry is. They made a mess and tore everything upside down."
Montgomery County Crime Stoppers will pay up $1000 cash for information leading to an arrest or indictment in this case. If you have any information, call 800-392-STOP (7867). Anonymous tips can also be made through the Montgomery County Crime Stoppers website.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Hail storm moved quickly across viewing area 7 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 41 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Hail comes down in Stafford
59 min ago