Crash at convenience store near downtown Houston sends several to hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are looking for a person who ran from an accident near downtown Houston overnight.
Investigators said the crash, which happened around 11pm on Holman at Burkett, tossed a car into the side of a convenience store and sent several people to the hospital.
According to Houston police, the driver of a tan Chevrolet Impala ran a stop sign and ended up getting struck by a black car at the intersection. The tan car took out a stop sign, tipped on its side and landed on the side of a convenience store.
Two men in the black vehicle were taken to an area hospital.
There were two women in the Impala. One had to be pulled out by firefighters. Both women were taken to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police believe there may have been a third person in the tan car.
"There was an indication that a couple of the occupants from the tan Impala have left the scene," HPD Sgt. Tim Trometer said. "Right now, we're still investigating which of the occupants -- the driver or passenger."
The convenience store was not damaged, officials said. This investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 43 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 39 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure 33 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham 54 min ago
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co. 34 min ago
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 27 min ago
- Cops: 2 OD on heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
7 min ago