Family narrowly escapes house fire in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A family ran out of their northwest Houston home just before it went up in flames Saturday.
The homeowner told us his wife and children were having a Bible study at their home in the 2400 block of Woodwild near Veterans Memorial when they noticed smoke coming through the vents.
They got out just as flames engulfed the home.
Firefighters arrived soon but a gas line ruptured as soon as they went inside, so they had to get out. The blaze was eventually brought under control, but the house is a total loss.
We're told the family will be staying with nearby relatives.
Officials said the cause of the fire is under investigation, but it does not appear to be suspicious.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization 47 min ago
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season 48 min ago
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Family's pet donkey shot 18 times, killed 36 min ago
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico
- Child dies in rollover wreck along Gulf Freeway
- Car becomes lodged under box truck in SW Houston wreck
- Court filing: Tugboat in ship channel spill was speeding
- More space, shops coming to The Galleria