HPD: Teen shot in face with brother's gun at Greenspoint-area apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating a shooting involving a teen at an apartment complex in the Greenspoint area of north Houston.
It happened around 9:30pm at City View West Apartments in the 400 block of Greens Road near Northchase.
According to Houston police, there was a family disturbance inside one of the apartments. Authorities tell us 11 kids and eight adults were in the home at the time.
Police said the teen, who has an alleged history of violence, became aggressive with his mother. That's when the teen's brother, who works as a security guard, intervened.
"The security guard, who was getting ready for work, came out of another room in uniform with his duty weapon and challenged the 16-year-old," HPD Sgt. Robert Musick said. "The 16-year-old, in turn, charged the security guard."
Authorities said there was a struggle over the guard's gun. The weapon discharged, and the teen was shot in the face.
"They were tussling and it went off," said Sean Stagneur, a security guard who works at the apartment complex and was the first on scene. "Shot in the right cheekbone, and it came out through his left side."
Investigators tell us the teen was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital with non-life-threatening injures. No one else was hurt and officers say the entire family is cooperating with their investigation. No charges are expected.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico 15 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038