Baby's death in southwest Houston under investigation
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are looking into the death of a six-month-old boy in southwest Houston.
It was 7:30pm Saturday when Trae-Lynn McCullough's father found the child unresponsive at their home at Creek Bend Apartments on Braesridge near Sanford.
"My son fell apart because he kept crying out, 'Mama wake him up please; he's not waking up,'" the child's grandmother, Linda Coleman said.
They were heartbreaking moments as family members called for help while the grandmother tried to help save Trae-Lynn. Emergency responders arrived and transported him to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Trae-Lynn was the kind of baby who was joyful, knew he was loved, big eyes, smile," Coleman said.
Police said they have not discovered any signs of trauma. An autopsy has been planned, and no charges have been filed at this point.
As the family grieves over the death of the child who brought them so many smiles, they have a lot of questions.
"This day we were thinking about all the stuff he did that was so funny and what he loved," Coleman said. "That's how I want him to be remembered."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 46 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 3 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County 1 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 30 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images 21 min ago
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Police: Red light runner caused wreck in downtown Houston 56 min ago