SE Houston restaurant famous for its Chinese food burns
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators say a stove that had been left on is to blame for a fire broke last night at a southeast Houston restaurant famous for its Chinese food.
Firefighters were called to the Original Timmy Chan restaurant on Scott near Old Spanish late last night and found the restaurant full of smoke.
Crews went inside and discovered a grease fire in the kitchen. They managed to put it out before it could cause any major damage.
The restaurant was closed at the time and no one was hurt. Firefighters believe the restaurant will be closed for a couple days.
The fire has been ruled accidental.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'